Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Liebster Blog Award


After a long, rainy, windy and cold day spent mostly inside with the boys the other day...pretty much a blah kind of day...I was pleasantly surprised when I opened up my email and noticed a comment from Brandi over at Yee Wittle Things and saw that she had awarded me with The Liebster Blog Award.  Yaaay!  Thank you so much, Brandi!  You made my day a 'lil (or a whole lot) sunnier!

For those curious souls out there like myself, "Liebster" is German and it means "favourite" or "dearest".  It  originated in Germany and is awarded as a way to kind of showcase up-and-coming bloggers with under 200 followers.  That's me - well, not sure about the up-and-coming bit...that would be nice...but I definitely have "under" 200 followers.  *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*


With each blog award, there are some simple rules to follow - to show appreciation and to share the love!

No. 1 is to thank the person who presented me with the award:  So once again, a BIG Thank You to Brandi over at Yee Wittle Things. Click on over and show some love and get your fix of cute kid pictures, 'cuz her Yee Wittle Things are adorable, especially her daughter lounging on her chaise.

No. 2 is to link back to the blogger who presented me with the award.  Well, I've done that already, but if you're unsure where to click...click HERE

No. 3 is to copy and paste the award on my blog.  CHECK!

No. 4 is to reveal my 5 blog picks.  In no particular order, they are:

The Preppy Girl In Pink










No. 5 is:  Making the bloggers I've chosen aware that I've chosen them.  Whoops!  That's 6!  (I know, I'm such a rebel)

Hoping three of you ladies don't mind the screen capture - you didn't have buttons I could grab.

I really enjoy all 6 of these blogs.  Please head on over and give them some love.

And thanks yet AGAIN, Brandi!


13 comments:

Mayor Gia said...

Congrats!!!

Kristen said...

You are too sweet. Is it crazy that I got all watery eyed when I saw my button?! Thank you so much! Maybe this is just what I need to bring me out of the writing rut. Thanks again! xo!

Kristen said...

You are too sweet. Is it crazy that I got all watery eyed when I saw my button?! Thank you so much! Maybe this is just what I need to bring me out of the writing rut. Thanks again! xo!

Kristen said...

Jill, You are too sweet. Is it crazy that I got all watery eyed when I saw my button?! Thank you so much! Maybe this is just what I need to bring me out of the writing rut. Thanks again! xo!
Btw, I am replying to Gia's comment because I can't get SDisqus to accept me as a new comment.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Congrats on your award! You are VERY deserving! And I was wondering what Liebster meant. Nice to know!

Kristen said...

Okay, now I look like a crazy person because I hit the refresh button and it posted all of my comments...sorry!!

Mommy Inconsistent said...

LOL!! You wouldn't believe how long it took me to add everyone's button and link....everything was everywhere on the page...so I can relate...but then I'm crazy too. ;P

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Thanks! Of course I would've awarded you but you've got loads of followers...But in my mind you get it too, 'cuz yours is definitely a fave.

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Thanks, Gia...I actually wanted to award it to you too 'cuz I love your blog, but wasn't sure about the followers thing...I should have anyways. Can I do it now?

Kimberly All Work No Play said...

Congrats Jill! And I am so honoured that you would think of me!!!
Swoon!

Justine @Who I Share It With said...

Thank you so much for the award! It totally made my night! Congratulations on yours!

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Well, your blog is a fave!

Mommy Inconsistent said...

You're very welcome! :)