Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Dead Battery Blues


I woke up this morning
To the sound of silence
The batteries stopped working
Doesn't make any sense

I bought them for Christmas
Only two days ago
It just can't be possible
Please say it ain't so

CHORUS:  
I've got the battery blues
The dead battery blues
If this doesn't stop soon
I just might blow a fuse

The toys need so many
Either two, four or six
And then those mean toy makers
Throw a 9 volt in the mix

I vow for next Christmas
To buy batteries no more
The kids may not like it
They may cry on the floor

But it'll be worth it
The frustration will stop
'Cuz dead batteries at Christmas
Make Mommy's head want to pop

CHORUS:
Oh, I've got the battery blues
The dead battery blues
If this doesn't stop soon
I just might blow a fuse.

The Dead Battery Blues.....oh, yeah, baby!

* * * * * * * * * *

Thank you.

Thank you, very much.


6 comments:

Mayor Gia said...

Hahahahah nice. I think we've all been there. There are NEVER enough batteries in the house... and things you need to open with a screw driver? WORST.

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Oh, yeah...it takes a screwdriver and about an hour just to get whatever it is out of the box! I think it's the cruel joke of the toy makers. Oh, well..whatchagonnado?

Kimberly All Work No Play said...

Hahah!!!
We have the blues here too.
Santa forgot them.
Jerk.
And when I say jerk, I mean the husband. That was his department.

Mommy Inconsistent said...

This is the first year I actually remembered to buy a bunch. One toy took 8!! EIGHT!! If I'd have known I would never have bought it.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Haha! Oh, I have those blues too! I couldn't believe how many batteries one Christmas took! A battery free Christmas would be great! :)

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Battery free and it would be great if practically every board game didn't have to be assembled before playing and disassembled after to fit back in the box. Do I believe it'll ever happen? Not really.