Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hug Your Loved Ones

For the past 3-1/2 years a friend of mine, Pavel Kulisek, has been in a Mexican prison accused of a crime he didn't commit.

No evidence.  No trial.  A real life nightmare.

Today the nightmare ended.

Innocence recognized.  Freedom.  Home.

It was a long, horrifying ordeal that really could have happened to anyone.  But it's over now and the healing can begin.  Tonight he is home where he should be...with his beautiful, strong wife and his two gorgeous and smart little girls.  I am so happy for them...words can't describe it.  He lost over three years of watching his girls grow, of being with his wife who he's been with since they were teenagers.  Seeing the strength of his wife, my friend, Jirina, through this has been unbelievable.  She is the strongest woman and MOM I know.  She never gave up fighting for Pavel's release, taking care of her girls, doing what needed to be done.  She's amazing.

As a parent, I can only imagine not being able to see your children.  I don't want to think of it.  As tired as I am and as much as I just want a break sometimes, I wouldn't want my life any other way.  How lucky am I that my boys are sleeping in their beds a few feet away, safe.  I am safe.  Hubby is safe.  We can all hold each other any time we want.

I am grateful.


July 2009

September 2010

Hug your loved ones tonight.



2 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Wow! That's an amazing story. I can't imagine. I'm so glad he's home. Your family is beautiful. I am very blessed too. Extra hugs for my kids today.

Mommy Inconsistent said...

Thanks, GGM...puts everything in perspective!