Saturday, July 16, 2011

GoGos ... NOT the girl band


When I was 16, my older brother took me to my very first concert.  The year was 1983 and we saw the girl band, The Go-Go's.  I loved them!  (Still do actually)  I still remember what I wore...a white mini skirt with pink polkadots, blue tights and I think pink slip-on flats.  I was kind of shy, but I do remember dancing with my bro (must have had floor seats) just like Belinda Carlisle. 


Yah, like, oh my god, still so totally rad.  (ahem)

Fast forward almost 30 years and the words "GoGos" is being mentioned around our home on a daily basis, but this time it's not referring to those rockin' girls of the 80s but to 'lil plastic figures...GoGo Crazy Bones, to be exact. They are all the rage in our house right now.  I have visions of amassing them in the same manner we have with Big T's Hotwheels collection.  (I'm scared)

Here's what I'm talking about:


They're actually pretty cool...and inexpensive. (uh-oh)  You get three gogos in a pack, along with three stickers.  There's also a Collector's album and you know I'm on the hunt for that.  If you're still wondering what the heck these are and what you do with them, you can read more about them here and here. I guess they've been around for a while, but my guys have just discovered them.

Big T just had his 5th birthday so needless to say he received "a few".  I'm thinking I should wear my flip-flops around the house from now on to prevent any unwanted Gogo injuries.  Yeeeeouch!

No comments: